85 115hp oil control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 115hp oil control

1985 115 ETLN is dumping oil !! remote tank pump runs and runs !! any way to test the control module and is the motor tank switch the same as a newer unit with 3 on/off switchs ?? anyone have a wire diagram ?? Thanks,,

The main tank sensor should be of a two switch configuration. Later motors used a three switch main tank sensor. How many wires does yours have coming from it?

I would focus first on a cheaper part, such as the main tank sensor and wiring. You can move on to the more expensive oil control module if other checks indicate all is well. We can discuss other checks later. Start with the main tank sensor.

Do you have a tachometer with any sort of annunciator lights? Red, yellow and green? If so, what colors are you seeing?

Comment

bosco99

Thanks for the reply !! orderd the main/boat tank switch last week and the Lil filter/screen....this is a mobile job and looking for wire diagram so that when I go back to repair it I will have what I need !! my fluke is my best tool,, but cant find a wire diagram anywhere !! I disconnected all the wires to the engine tank and while cranking it still sent oil from main/boat tank....ps..don't try diagnosing after a long day on the river w/beer...LOL... thanks again...Keith & the famous lil Tasha
      Last edited by bajakeith; 08-17-2013, 10:41 PM. Reason: bad writing

Comment

anyone have a wire diagram ??

1984/5 115 hp

Comment

engine oil tank

Yep, your right !! the engine tank has 4 wires !! (2) switches !! anyone have a wire diagram Pleeeze !!......LOL....thanx

Comment

4 wires is 3 switchs.
            should have a brown(SW2),white(SW1) red (SW3) and black, ground path to the module.
            a low voltage into the module can cause this as can an open in SW1 or its wireing.
            if the module never sees SW1 closed then once the transfer pump is turned on it stays on for the rest of that key cycle.

Comment

Sir rodbolt !!

Thank you !! that makes sense !! you might like this story:: last summer I get a call from soledad ca..guys father died and the boat had been sitting 5 or so years and he wants to take his kid out fishing..this boat is a good 1 hr 1/2 from me...so I tell him that when I go down to the river that's in his neck of the woods I'll stop by and get the job started...so in june/july last year after I start he brakes his hand and calls me to tell me to put it on the back burner because he is out of work..fine,,,last month he wants to get back on the project and I swing by the boat and install the new "complete" w/p kit & relized the the little rubber piece on top of the w/p housing was not in the kit. the piece that seals the water pipe to pump !! then while cranking for spark ck, oil started gushing out of the airbox..well,, that explains his complaint of "Lots of white " smoke..the last time the boat was out !! boat tank runs all the time and oil is run to the airbox overfull..fixing boats long distance and time is a bitch !!....thanx..keith & the famous lil Tasha...
              Last edited by bajakeith; 08-26-2013, 01:44 AM. Reason: lousy typing

Comment

Working...
              X