No announcement yet.

Yamaha 115BTO V4 cdi unit measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out from stator, 140v and 180 volt. Good spark on all plugs, and misfire...

Guess what, checked timing again, suddenly very wrong!

Clipped the woodruff key on the crankshaft to the magnet rotor, get a new key tomorrow, guess all is ok. For now... Trying again tomorrow when i get a new one.

Comment

No way in h*** this engine will start. Tried everything, the only thing i found that is wrong is the resistance on the CDI itself.

What to do? Anyone can confirm the measurement on the CDI is between 3,6-260 ohm?

Almost giving up...

Comment

the resistance charts in the manual suck.
        I have seen them very wrong and the unit works fine.
        if you use the resistance chart make sure your meter impedance is correct per the manual.
        not all meter inputs are the same.
        that's why I use voltage outputs.

Comment

Finally, after long the engine would start. I turns out i had to use the choke all the time to get it to start and run. The main jets give fuel, but the pilot jets don't. And without them no way the engine will start the easy way.

Engine won't respond on the air adjustment screws, don't know why. Have to check the carburetors out, had them in pieces two times. Any suggestions what to look for?

Comment

DVA and such

CDI electronics is worth a look ! oops,,I just let the word out !! LOL

Comment

Took off the cylinder heads because i still havent found out what was wrong with the engine. All the pistons was mounted upside down. One piston was chipped, but the cylinders was not destroyed, luckily.

Former owner couldn't repair outboard engines, that's for sure...

Comment

Working...
              X