F225 Flushing hose blockage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Flushing hose blockage

hi all i have a total blockage in the flushing hose adapter to the power head. its the hose that you connect the garden hose to on the side of the upper cowling, its blocked in the area in between the cylinder heads behind the hose tail cover plate somewhere.
    any suggestions on how to clear it without stripping the engine??
    thanks cr

Not an expert mind you but I had a similar thing happen. I left the hose adapters off after flushing and in Florida we had these wasps called Mud Daubers anyway one of these got into that tube and blocked it. I used a welding rod to free up the blockage and now its clean and flowing fine.

good luck
    Gunz

Comment

blockage

Thanks gunz i reckon its salt or sand?? ive tried several different light acids and air etc.
      its a mystery and i appreciate your input.
      cheers cr

Comment

Are you able to see the fitting from the block to which the hose is attached? You might have to remove the ignition coil cover and the ignition coil bracket to have a better view.

I have used an extra long set of duckbill pliers to reach the hose clamp to loosen and slide it down the hose. Then use the duckbill pliers to push the hose off the fitting. Don't try and pull the hose, in which case it just holds tighter.

Get the hose off the fitting and pull the hose towards you. Then back flush it with water or air pressure. Hopefully you can get it cleared.

Now if the blockage is within the fitting or the block, that is another ball **** altogether.

Good luck.

Comment

If you think it might be salt and or sand might want to try a product called salt away or salt eliminator. Don't know what you guys call it down under but I use "salt away" about every month or so, it comes with a mixer and flusher set up. I either flush thru the hose or connect it with my mouse ears and start them wait till they warm up then put the chemical thru. I've even soaked some parts in it that were hard to take apart due to salt build up and had no problem..Well good luck finding the source.

Gunz

Comment

salt build up

thanks guys for your help, we cant get it clear at all we have tried air,acid,salt away,wire. still totally blocked. so i guess we will have to live with it as the engine runs very well and i dont want to strip the block apart until we have to.
            thanks again for your replies.

Comment

Must be a hard blockage if you can't free it up with wire and stuff! Can you "feel" where the blockage is?

Comment

Blockage

yeah it appears its where the hose tail outlet is on the block?? in between the cylinder heads in the valley somewhere?? the stuff that comes out is a black rubber or black sandy stuff. we have a dribble coming out but no more.
                thanks cr

Comment

Just a shot in the dark.

I'd try starting the engine in the water as usual, then pulling the flushing end off the holder.

You'd basically be allowing the engine water pump to blow any crap out of the small hose with internal water pressure. Your other attempts weren't blowing the debris out of the tube itself to the OUTSIDE, but inside. If the crap fit thru the flusher, it should blow out but in the opposite direction.

It almost sounds as if the crap got introduced into the engine thru that upper flushing hose..
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X