2005 F90 Fuel Injected, Fuel Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F90 Fuel Injected, Fuel Issues

I have recently cleaned injectors, cleaned vst, changed filter. Added 10 micron fuel water seperator, and drained tank due to high volume of water. Filled up with ethanol free. Got the boat running awesome. Took it out, did great. Two weeks later I took it out. Got about 200ft from boat ramp, it revd down and quit. Would not start back up. When I got home I pulled the filter cup off, poured into mason jar. had a little bit of white milky substance in it. Then I pressed the primer bulb to get more fuel in har, but only air. Has a half a tank. Could the water fuel filter stop fuel??? I pulled it off, and poured into jar and it was about a 1/4 of water, and some black debri. Thanks

apparently you did not drain complete and clean tank

Comment

I drained it all the way, but the take is in the bottom of the boat. I can only get to it through a 4 inch hole. I did everything but that. Is there a trick to it. It is a 2004 Lowe 180W Stinger.

Comment

I apparently let the girl drink the same swill after clearing the carbs and found myself exactly where I started. That ethanol fuel will gum up from sitting with or without stabilizer.

I tossed the under console 27 gallon tank in favor of a 12 gallon top side portable and replaced lines and bulb with silver-something stuff listed for ethanol fuel. I used the old fuel line and rigged a cheap inline electric fuel pump from Rock-Auto and now pump the tank and lines dry into our vehicle, empty the fuel water separator and carb bowls and turn the open tank upside down if not using the boat for a week or more. No fuel mean no fuel to go bad.

So far so good. Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by jlelectricllc View Post
          I drained it all the way, but the take is in the bottom of the boat. I can only get to it through a 4 inch hole. I did everything but that. Is there a trick to it. It is a 2004 Lowe 180W Stinger.

Tilt boat to make it all run to one corner, suck it out the best you can and then mop up the rest with rags .
          Or take to shops that deal with this all the time, I am sure they have the equipment to do it right

Comment

Working...
          X