200 hpdi water issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 hpdi water issue

What's is the acceptable water pressure at 3000 rpm's and 4000 rpm's ? I used to get up to 25 then it dropped to 10. I had new pump put in blew out all lines and checked gauge still only 10

On a lot of Yams you won't see any water pressure at all on a gauge when the motor is being idled. Maybe see a pound or two at a thousand RPMs or so.

The only Yam spec I have ever seen calls for 11 psi at wide open throttle.

Pressure is just a means to an end. Is the motor running OK and not over temping?

Comment

Yes motor is running fine and no alarms going off just seems strange that I lost all that pressure and can't get it back.

Comment

maybe the PRV was stuck closed before and now it is open, Just a thought

Comment

PRV valve

It was checked twice does it go bad

Comment

So if the pro valve spring is weak then it will open to soon not building up enough pressure is this correct and if so should I replace spring and valve

Comment

looks like it should not have been more that 11 to start out with from what others posted.
              May need to make sure about the proper PSI before chasing things too far

Comment

i have a 200 hpdi 25 lbs when running,they say it doesn't have to be that high
                but it allways was,try blowing your tube out maybe something in it

Comment

I've had the boat for three years its always been over 20. Last year I blew lower unit and to put complete new lower unit and was still getting 25 then all of a sudden 10. So I replaced pump, blew out all lines twice and changed gauge still 10.

Comment

200 hpdi water issue

I am experiencing the same issue on a 225 Yamaha, installed new pump and blew down system and still hardly a flicker on the water press gauge in idle and no more than 10 psi while running--concerned

Comment

Working...
                    X