Yamaha Saltwater Series II V76x wiring information for Yamaha LCD Marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Saltwater Series II V76x wiring information for Yamaha LCD Marine

Hello, I need the information of a diagram pin out of a Yamaha Saltwater Series II V76-X with a Yamaha LCD Marine. Coming from the engine the are two connector and two Bullets cables. The first connector have the following color wires:
    Grey, Pink, Orange and Black. The bullets wires are Green and Green\Red.
    the other connector have the following color wires: Purple\White, Orange and Black.

My Yamaha LCD Marine have the following connectors color wires:
    Connector 1:Green\Red, Green\White(two empty space)
    Connector 2:Pink, Black, Orange

Bullet Connectors: Black, Blue (together) , Yellow (independent) and Green(independent)

Anyone with the data wiring of the cables and the correct wiring diagram for this particular case.
    Thank you,
    Rod.

Too bad the year and model of the motor and the gauge is not known. Here is a layout drawing that depicts an early circa 2000 year motor and gauge.

Comment

I think the V76 was gone prior to 2000 however the wire colors remain the same.
      DO NOT plug the black and blue together.

Comment

Year of the Engine

Thank you so much for your help, that diagram help me a lot. If will be possible find the wiring code information? I mean ...Blue -12V, Black -Ground, etc., etc.
        Where I can find the information of the year of manufacturing engine?
        Thank , you
        Rod.

Comment

The year that the motor was made should be on a sticker on the side of a clamp bracket. If you have the complete model then you can get to the model year. The last letter in the model identity denotes the model year.

Green = tachometer
          black = constant ground
          red = battery power
          yellow = key on power
          blue = lights (normally)

Don't worry about the colours in the trim/oil harness. Sometimes they change across a connector. It is mostly fool proof. Just make the appropriate connections and it should all work.

Comment

Yamaha Saltwater Series II and LCD Marine Meter

Thank s for your quick reply!!! Appreciate a lot your expertise knowledge in this topic. Do you a pin out diagram or picture of the whole LCD Marine Meter where the pin information appear? The one post before help me anyway.
            Thanks,
            Rod

Comment

Why do you need information for the tachometer? Just plug it in per the drawing and it should work.

What are you trying to achieve?

I know that the black wire is for the ground. Orange is for a 5 volt reference to the trim sender. Pink is the sender return wire. The others are for oil tank status and if the gauge has it, an over temperature icon/lamp.

Comment

Working...
              X