Manual start to electric start conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual start to electric start conversion

I have a 199x Yamaha 60 hp Enduro with tiller handle and pull start. I would like to convert to an electric start and power trim. I am thinking of using and after market power trim bracket. Can an electric starter be retrofitted? If so any idea of cost?

converting the whole thing would be very expensive, far better to look for the motor you want, unless you can find all the stuff needed second hand.

Comment

I'd suggest adding the tilt/trim bracket and continue pulling to start. The starter motor, relay, controls, etc. would be expensive....

Comment

Originally posted by cjw1@nb.sympatico.ca View Post
        I have a 199x Yamaha 60 hp Enduro with tiller handle and pull start. I would like to convert to an electric start and power trim. I am thinking of using and after market power trim bracket. Can an electric starter be retrofitted? If so any idea of cost?
        I have an 70etlk with a blown powerhead and i do beleive that starter will fit, you will need the starter solenoid and with some basic electrical knowledge you should be able to make it fit. If our powerheads are the same the starter will fit on the starboard side of the motor over top of where the carb linkage is, hope this helps

Comment

if you have a starter bolted on with a solenoid you can make your own start button if you use a good quality waterproof button and you can find a place to mount it on your motor keeping the tiller is possible, now adding a factory style tilt assy is way more difficult double solenoids and wiring if way more work. finding a simple aftermarket tilt system would be recommended .

Comment

these enduro engines are commercial motors which were developed in mind to be used for commercial purposes especially oyster farmers and outer island seafarers in the pacific it is a very robust engine and if you dont have all the parts available it will be a very expensive to change it to full electric ,it can be done but if you look at the options you would be better of buying a new electric one . first you will need the solenoid and the rectifier for the electric start plus motor and harness ,then comes the control and rubber grommet for the controls ,plus the trim and tilt motor plus the harness ,all these will put you behind in excess of 2500.00 plus dont forget the labor and special tools you will require to do the job ,if you have the knowledge ,ifyou paying someone to do this add another 3000.00 as it will easy take 50hrs to complete the job so @65.00 /hr you would be better off buying an new one and flogging this old one
            hope this helps
            cheers

Comment

Working...
            X