Reliance series props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliance series props

I have a F150 with a standard issue aluminum prop and plan to change it with a Reliance series M, 14.25, 17 prop.
    My question is there also is a SDS version of the same prop.
    What is the difference ? I read about the chatter issue and that the SDS reduces or eliminates it.

OEM P/N 68f-45972-10-00

Thanks

the SDS prop has a special aft thrust washer, if you get the SDS prop you will need the new hardware, and yes it all but eliminates the prop rattle and the clunk when going into gear.. Actually the Reliance prop takes care of the rattle and the SDS takes care of the clunk.. The Reliance prop was originally designed just for the F150 for this reason..

Comment

Thanks. Good info.

Comment

Is there 1 P/N for a kit that has everything I need or do I need to order piece by piece?
        I did find this P/N (6CE-45997-00-00) for the special washer, but what else?
        I thought maybe boats.net is the place to go for something like a kit with everything I need but, no luck.
        Thanks.

Comment

its not just the hardware, there is an sds prop, or the standard prop.. you need to decide which one you want..

Comment

SDS Reliance 14 1/4 17.
            I purchased the prop (OEM P/N 68f-45972-10-00) online today. I know I need several parts to install the prop. I was hoping that a kit is available that has all I need. The aft thrust washer (6CE-45997-00-00) I am aware of and other than the other spacer, nut and washer, is there anything else?

I guess I just want to cover all I need at one time.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

nope, the forward thrust washer is the same, just need the aft, the nut and washer are the same.

Comment

Thanks again for all of your help.

Comment

Working...
                X