Which wire charges the battery? 2000-F100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wire charges the battery? 2000-F100

Newbie to the forum, need some help. I picked up a nice Hewes Bayfisher 18 with a 2000 Yamaha F100 4 stroke. Engine runs fine, yet the wiring under the console was a complete rats nest.

I've redone the wiring with Blue Seas Battery switches, ACRs and fuse panel. After going through and labeling all the component wires to the fuse panel, I'm now down to the various wiring harnesses and bundles coming up to the console.

There are three harnesses, likely Hewes manufacturing wiring systems. I'm assuming the black with white stripe covered wire bundle that exits my Yammie and runs up to the console contains the wire from the rectifier that I need to redirect to my starting battery (which then runs to a Blue Seas ACR to charge the house battery when current is applied). My assumption is its the red wire in this bundle. Yet, as you'll see in the 2nd photo, the red wire goes into a splitter and exits as two green wires up to the ignition and instrument panel (assuming tachometer).

Appreciate any guidance, must admit, I'm in a bit over my head.

The Black with White stripe wire bundle that stretches up from the engine to the console, has the following wires inside:

This is the red wire within the bundle going into a splitter:

These are the harnesses, I've labeled 1, 2 and 3, coming up into the console:

Unfortunately the forum only allows 4 pics to a post. If you need the image of the 3rd harness, can add it to another post on this thread.
    Attached Files

None of those wires charge the battery.

The battery cables that are used to start the motor are also used to recharge the battery. Current flows from the battery to the starter motor when it is being cranked. Once the motor is running current flows back to the battery to recharge it.

Comment

Thanks boscoe! I woke up this morning thinking, "the answer is easier than I'm thinking"....and bam! There ya go. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X