masater tilt/trim switch individual engine decoupling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• masater tilt/trim switch individual engine decoupling

Have twin 1990 130's - one is counter rotating. "MASTER" tilt/trim switch on top of the port engine control lever on a dual 704 raises/lowers both engines. User manual notes that switch has a decoupling type of connection such that individual switches on the binnacle control and on the lower engine cowls only work one engine. How is the master switch wired so that it controls both engines but does not permanently wire the engines together. How is this done - is there an auxilliary relay or does the connecting harness have some diodes burried within? Is there documentation such as wiring and assembly diagrams available?

Many thanks for accepting my post.

Don Breslow Falmouth Cape Cod

Diodes and relays. A diagram is in the back of the 704 remote control manual.

Are you having a problem or just a "need to know"?

Comment

Breslow trim/tilt

Many thanks for your reply. Where can I get a 704 manual?

Had a trim/tilt problrm which I solved - asked question about decoupling logic to make sure I got a good solution.

Peroblem I had was that while idling at dock or underway, the port engine would suddenly rise to full tilt. 3rd time this has happened - only engine tilts so it seems unlikely problem is in master switch. Previous problems were solved by replacing binnacle or cowl switches - you could feel that rocker actuator was not returning crisply. Solved it this time by unplugging the binnacle switch (red wire - 12V feed).

Also - are the bullet connectors 4 mm size?

Don

Comment

Working...
      X