oil transfer from remote tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil transfer from remote tank

Oil will not transfer from remote tank to engine automatically. Manual override switch transfers oil ok. I have a 200hp hpdi 2000 yamaha engine. Please advise

It's easier to troubleshoot if you have the Yamaha tach with oil level indicators. The oil level indicator should be showing full, if showing add(arrow in middle position) the oil pump will not transfer oil to engine oil tank, check oil level in remote tank(oil tank in boat) if full then test oil level sensor as per service manual. The engine does have to be running for the oil pump to transfer oil. Next step test for 12 volts on brown wire at elect oil pump on remote oil tank(engine needs to be running) and test the blue wire for ground, if ok then faulty oil pump, if no voltage or ground then do same voltage test at blue and brown wire at engine(you can find oil tank harness in lower cowling next to main eng. wire harness). If ok then faulty wire harness between eng. and oil tank, if not test eng. oil tank sensor. Corrosion is the most common problem check all wire connections and grounds for good clean connections.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

rodammer,
      Since you are able to get the remote pump to work with the manual over-ride switch, then that tells me the remote pump and wiring between the local and remote tank are ok.
      You need to get a Yamhaha shop manual and check out the level sensor of the local tank as boats.net suggests. The problem could be either the level sensor or the oil pump control unit, assuming the remote tank is full.
      Scroll down to a thread titled "oil sensor help" by linusb, Jan 8. I think you will find it very helpful on troubleshooting your problem.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X