F300 Transom Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F300 Transom Placement

This is my first post, although I have been frequenting forums recently as a means of determining the right placement of my new motor. I have put together 3 videos based on a sea trial I performed a couple days ago, and was hoping to get some opinions based on the data I collected.

Boat Specs:
    2009 26' Island Runner
    Past motor 275 Verado 25" (stolen)
    Re-Power 300 Yamaha F300 30"
    Weight- listed as 5500 as fitted with bracket and twin 150 opti's
    Entry 60 degrees, I believe 26 at transom.
    Step Hull 5" and 10" forward
    Transom 25" Transom to Keel 30"

I will not name the dealer who did my repower as I am still waiting on work and don't wish to create a negative opinion while I am sorting through questions and testing.

I look forward to everyone's thoughts. I have a whole list of added data I've been collecting, so if there are any questions, I should be able to answer them intelligently.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my trial. Video descriptions add further details of each test.

Test 1 F300 Test 1 - YouTube
    Test 2 F300 Test 2 - YouTube
    Test 3 F300 Test 3 - YouTube

Another detail, I have added an Atlas 10" offset Hydraulic Jack Plate as the dealer didn't measure before they ordered my motor and the steering and cowling wouldn't fit my transom cut out.

I will post photos soon!

Update

Update for anyone who watched the videos and was curious of the outcome: Dealer has removed 5" spacer, making the motor 25" as I suspected it needed. Water test completed. Runs perfect in the lowest setting. At plane, the jack plate can be raised 2 1/2" before the prop starts to catch air. I love this motor, but CANNOT say the same for Yamaha's customer service. You should be able to contact a rep without having to go through the dealer that you are in the middle of a dispute with. Lessons learned...

I'm going to make some videos detailing the performance while on vacation next week.

During test yesterday, 11.2-11.8 GPH @ 33-36MPH , 18.8 GPH @ 47 MPH , Top speed to date 54 MPH

Comment

Working...
    X