Yamaha 703 side mount control wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 703 side mount control wires

Can anyone tell me what the teo pairs of 3 wires that come out of a yamaha 703 control unit are for. The controler is for a F115 Yamaha See attached picture of the subject wires. Thanks In advance for your assistance
    Attached Files

Blue is for gauge lighting and can be connected to a switch or directly to yelow if you want gauge lighting as soon as the ignition is on.

Red is battery voltage, You should see a fuse holder in the harness.

Green goes to the tach multifunction gauge
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

if you look at these close, i believe one set is for ptt, if you want to put ptt on the front of the boat. the other set is for the tach. the tach wire is a bright green, the ptt wire is a dull green,

Comment

looks like you are showing only the power tilt and trim connections in your pic

Comment

That is interesting as I have a pro series yamaha tach with oil and temp idiot lights installed in the Console. The pro series analog tach is connected up via a different wiring harness. Yamaha amazes me with its dizzing array of parts and wiring harnesses. 703 must come stock with this set of wires that were obviously not needed on my install.

Comment

Originally posted by snowgo666 View Post
            That is interesting as I have a pro series yamaha tach with oil and temp idiot lights installed in the Console. The pro series analog tach is connected up via a different wiring harness. Yamaha amazes me with its dizzing array of parts and wiring harnesses. 703 must come stock with this set of wires that were obviously not needed on my install.
            This would be a typical arrangement for a 703 control box connected to analog gauges. Not shown coming from the control box are the three wires that can connect to an optional remote trim and tilt switch, if installed.

Comment

Working...
            X