Problem with fuel reading on Yamaha gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with fuel reading on Yamaha gauge

I know I have about half tank, but fuel read-out is showing me at empty and blinking. All other functions seem to be working fine. Could this be a sending unit issue? Or, does anyone have any other explanation for this type of problem?

it sounds like the fuel sender, at the sender turn the key on and jump the 2 wires togethe, the fuel gaung should go to full, keep in mind the digital gauge has a delay in it so it may take about 30 seconds. or you could cycle the key and it should go straight to full, remove the jumped wires and it should go to empty, this tests the circuit all the way to the gauge. if it doesnt go full then you need to determine if you are losing your ground or key on power. if it does go to full then the issue is within your sending unit.

Comment

I have the same issue. Did the test and found the problem to be in the sender. The captive ring "Float" does not "Float" anymore.

So I need a new sender. But I'm having a hard time finding a replacement sending unit.

The sending unit appears to be made by a company called "Black Rhino Performance"

And unfortunatley, my boat dealer turned out to be less then reliable or helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X