Draining old gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draining old gas

I have searched this forum and I have not found any help on draining old gas from my Hydra Sport 1800cc. I know this forum is exclusively for Yamaha outboards however I know there are some very knowledgeable folks here to help me solve my problem. I have approx. 1/4 tank of a 58 gallon tank and I already know there is some water in it because I unhooked the fuel supply line and got a lil water by using the primer bulb. But that's all I got..about a half cup of water then nothing.
    i tried to put a hose in the tank but to no avail could I get gas..I think mainly because the hose curled up at the bottom of the tank and was sucking air. I tried to lower the trailer in hopes of letting the gas come forward to where the hose is located....still nothing. What other things can I try? I have a fuel filter(looks like oil filter on a car)...is there any way I could get gas pumped thru there? I also was wondering if I should just use some gas additive to dry up the gas and add fresh gas on top of the old...Any suggestions?

May need to remove the level sending unit and suck out the fuel through that opening and then mop up the remaining water and fuel with rags.

There are shops that will drain and clean tanks, just call around

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      May need to remove the level sending unit and suck out the fuel through that opening and then mop up the remaining water and fuel with rags.

There are shops that will drain and clean tanks, just call around
      That's a good ide 99Yam40...is it safe to say the fuel sending unit is located in the bilge pump area?

Comment

it will be on the fuel tank

Comment

Working...
        X