Parts for a 25hp yamaha e25ak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for a 25hp yamaha e25ak

Looking for parts to change to elec. start. I don't think this was made in USA! This motor is in mexico on a friends fishing boat. All I know is that I found it on this ftp://os2.fannet.ru/Boating/Yamaha/M..._1958-2008.pdf (page 69-70) this list says it was made 1993-1995 c62 frame. This list shows a lot of information some one else might need! I'm wondering if parts from a motor made in USA will work?
    Thank you

Sometimes a motor sold out of the US, even though it has a different model name, is one and the same as a motor sold here in the US.

What is the three character prefix of the serial number of your motor?

Let's say it is 6L2.

6L2 is the prefix for certain 25 two stroke motors sold here in the US during circa 1991. Go to the parts book and look up a 25 HP two stroke two cylinder motor. Notice that the majority of the part numbers begin with 6L2. If your motor starts with 6L2 then more than likely a 6L2 part shown in the Yam US parts book will work on your motor.

Then you need to find out if Yam made an electric start conversion kit for a 6L2 motor. And, if they did, is it still available. I think you have a tough row to hoe.

Now you might be able to find all of the piece parts that are needed to convert a manual start to an electric start but the price of those parts will exceed the value of the motor. Might be better to sell the manual start and buy an electric start.

Comment

The serial number is gone ! Well I thought about that one made in USA might work I just need to find a little more info from my friend in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
      X