opinions on a motor please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on a motor please

So I'm pretty much in the market for a new motor or changing my powerhead out on a 2001 225 ox 66 3.1 ltr. A marina nearby has given me a chance to buy an 03 motor that was purchased by the marina as a non current motor years ago and did not see water until 07 I believe. It then sat on a boat which was docked year round as a fireboat and never ran during those years either, except for it's annual spring run. A new fireboat took over and the motor re sold last year to a gentlemen with a speedboat but he never ran it last year. That boat just went in the water last week but the owner doesn't love it so the marina is talking about swapping mine for his and selling the boat with a new powerhead in my current motor and I get the 03 250 hp. I failed to ask however if the motor is an 03 250 HPDI or an ox66. I have read that the 03 HPDI in a 250 is just about the worst motor Yamaha ever made, if it is an ox66 I'm pretty sure it's a deal I can't pass up. What are your thoughts if it is an HPDI? The person I am in contact with at the marina is away the rest of the week so I won't find out for a bit.

I don't care much for the HPDI. the OX66 was a solid performer.

Comment

Working...
    X