1994 C115 alarm and Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 C115 alarm and Gauges

Hello All - I just purchased an older 190 Proline with a Yamaha C115 ( I believe it is the TLRS model but tag is worn) Took her out for the maiden voyage and she ran great other than stalling at idle ( needed to adjust Idle was set too low) After getting home and washing the boat I started to flush the engine and after about 5 minutes the alarm started to sound. Discharge stream was good and muffs were positioned correctly. I have ordered new T-stats and water pump from local dealer. Any other items I should be looking at?

Second question - The gauges are all Faria and fairly new. I think the owner changed them out but did not hook them up. I wired them up and they seem to be working OK but every other boat I have seen with Yamahas ( newer and older) always seem to have the factory Yamaha gauges. By not having them is this going to create any issues?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Doug

Originally posted by Doug70us View Post
    Hello All - I just purchased an older 190 Proline with a Yamaha C115 ( I believe it is the TLRS model but tag is worn) Took her out for the maiden voyage and she ran great other than stalling at idle ( needed to adjust Idle was set too low) After getting home and washing the boat I started to flush the engine and after about 5 minutes the alarm started to sound. Discharge stream was good and muffs were positioned correctly. I have ordered new T-stats and water pump from local dealer. Any other items I should be looking at?

Second question - The gauges are all Faria and fairly new. I think the owner changed them out but did not hook them up. I wired them up and they seem to be working OK but every other boat I have seen with Yamahas ( newer and older) always seem to have the factory Yamaha gauges. By not having them is this going to create any issues?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Doug
    cant help much with the first question, however the 2nd question i have some experince with.
    I recently purchased a 1998 115hp and didnt want to spend $300-500 on a yamaha gauge, so I hooked up a telefex tach and it works just fine. I think for the newer motors it would be a wise idea to have the yamaha gauges because they display oil pressure etc but for the 2 cycle engines like our i dont think it matters much. Imho

Comment

One easy item to replace is the poppet valve, which seems to be the culprit in your case...

Comment

Working...
      X