Stainless Steel Prop Cdn. Incentive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Prop Cdn. Incentive

The Canadian Yamaha people have a fish-finder/gps and prop. deal incentive on in Canada. My sales contract indicates that it is a stainless-steel prop. This surprises the heck out of me. Anyone know about the Cdn incentive and if it includes a SS prop?
    Craig

Yamaha doesn't have any programs like that here in US. Not sure what it is, sorry.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I'm aware US Yamaha does not have same incentive. Hopefully someone in Canada will be able to shed some light...
      Craig

Comment

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/promos/?group=O#54

check out this link.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

Thanks for link. It's the link that got me wondering! Seems like if the promo was for a stainless steel prop would they not be advertising the heck out of the prop being stainless? Maybe I'm confused and I have not shopped props for a while but stainless use to be a super expensive high end prop. material. I have in writting it's a stainless but I'm wondering if it's a dealer screw-up or something. Hard to beleive Yamaha is going to throw in a SS without a ton of braggin about it. Who knows, maybe my ideas on SS props is dated. Thanks anyhow and I suppose the fights starts upon boat delivery if dealer made mistake....

Oh well Soon we see...

Craig
          Craig

Comment

Craig,
            Including a stainless steel prop in a package deal is not all that unusual - at least not down here. My 2000 Pathfinder/Yamaha boat package came with a (PowerTech) ss prop (from the dealer). Much better performance over an aluminum.
            And don't worry about the "too good to be true" promo - I'm sure the cost of that prop is "hidden" somewhere in the package price. Just be sure to get the dealer to agree to swap out the prop for another with different pitch if the
            first one does not get you up into the max performance range you want (per the manual).
            Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
            Ken K

Comment

Thanks for reply. No sense worrying about something yet. I think SS is a premium prop. and think if Yamaha (It's a Yamaha promo., not dealer) was throwing in a SS they would be saying it was SS to give it as many legs as possible.

At any rate, no doubt, the cost is in there somewhere! Enjoy the Texas sun, cold in Canada now. Want to go ice fishing but it would take months to clear out the lake....

Craig
              Craig

Comment

Working...
              X