1999 F100 Rough Intermediate Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 F100 Rough Intermediate Speed

1999 F100 with 290 hours. Runs well at high and low speeds but rough 2200 to 3500 rpm. 3yrs ago cleaned the carbs due to E10-gas. Then it ran well for 1 1/2 summers before this problem. Ran it about 8 hours this way over ~4 weeks-mostly at 2000 or less. Then winterized it and no use at all last summer. (after the carb clean I only used fresh gas with usual additives in a portable tank). Started it up with muffs a week ago after draining the carbs and flushing gas lines. It started easy and ran well at idle. Ready to take the carbs off again - any suggestions ?

clean the carbs again and use a manometer to properly sync them.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      clean the carbs again and use a manometer to properly sync them.
      I cleaned the carbs and back together. Sync'd pretty well at about 10 " Hg on Vac gauge in the water and under power at about 900 rpm at the dock. This is about how it went 3 yrs ago. Problem now is if I rev it a little (~1500) carbs 2, 3and 4 stay at 10" , but #1 drops to ~5 ". Related (?) is that away from the dock at ~ 2000 rpm, the motor acts like one cylinder is not firing. I know a vac gauge is not a manometer, but this seems like a gross problem as opposed fine tuning. Suggestions?
      Last edited by HarpswellME; 08-22-2013, 11:45 AM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

Hi HarpswellME,
        Just wondering if you figured out what was the problem. I am having a similar problem with a 2001 F100 engine. It runs fine but between 2000rpm -2500 rpm it kind of bogs down once it is pass that point it runs fine. I set all 4 carburetor with a vacuum gauge pretty even but I noticed that that engine was pulling a higher vacuum compared to the other engine next to it that runs fine.
        Thank's

Comment

HarpswellME has not been here in about 2.5 years. Doubtful that he will ring in on your issue but...

Now keep in mind that just because his motor was doing exactly what yours is doing does not mean that the solution for his problem will be the solution for your problem.

You might want to start a new thread and fully describe your issue and when it is happening. Also, what you have done to try and fix the problem. You will probably get a better reply.

Do we presume correctly that you are following the carburetor adjustment procedure set forth in the applicable Yamaha SM for both of your motors?

Comment

Working...
          X