X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115, 2-two stroke not getting fuel on two cylinders

Hi all.

Lets start with an apologie for my bad english, I'm Norwegian

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me out with.
    I got a Yamaha 1998, Two-stroke outboard with two dead cylinders.
    The cylinders that are dead are the two on the right hand side when opening the motor-cowl.
    I got spark, and good compression (135-140 PSI) on all 4 cylinders, but it seems like theese two cylinders dont get fuel. When the motor is idling and I remove the sparkplug cap from either of the two cylinders on the right side of the motor, nothing happens. The cylinders are also cold on this side after ideling for 5 minutes.
    When removing the caps for the two cylinders on the left side, the engine reacts. The cyliners here are warm also.
    So what could be the problem here? Doeas anyone have an idea what could cause two cylinders to not getting fuel, on one side like this, both top and bottom cylinder?

clean carbs

Comment

Don't really think you have a fuel problem (but it is possible) get a genuine service manual and start from there.

Comment

you can spray some fuel mix into those carbs to see if that will get them to fire.
        If not then it could be weak spark or too much fuel to allow them to fire properly

Comment

Working...
        X