Oil in Gas, Gas in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in Gas, Gas in oil

I have a VZ250tlr 2007, when sitting overnight, the vapor separator is getting oil in it, not only that, the oil tank has a mixture of mostly oil and some gas. It has been rebuilt, perhaps I got the lines on the top of the vapor sep. mixed up, does anybody have a bleed line, recirc line diagram. After a night, the oil is so thick in the vapor sep. that you cannot see through it.

carefully test the VST electric oil pump.
    or use the Yamaha dealer locator and find a dealership with a master tech.

most shops don't have a tech that can correctly spell HPDI, much less work on them.

by your description and questions you also have no clue.

only ONE way to add oil in the VST, ONE WAY ONLY.

Comment

Call me clueless

I did fix this problem, and the oil was not entering the VST via the electric oil pump, it was not entering via the input fuel line, or the output line. I did find some Yamaha techs who remain equally befuddled on this issue as well. So despite being clueless, I may be smarter than you, concerning this problem.

Thanks, for the "help" Rodbolt

Comment

the ONLY way to add oil to the VST on an HPDI is via the electric pump line.
        nothing else connects to it.
        the other 6 lines carry oil to the intake nipples where the oil is mixed with incoming air and then trough the reeds.
        gas is brought in on the cyl head side and NEVER is mixed with the oil.
        its injected AFTER the intake and ex ports are covered by the piston.
        you have 3 fuel return lines that simply return unused fuel from the HP pump back to the vst.
        one fuel output line to the HP pump, one small vacuum tube that operates the VST regulator to allow an extra 5 or so PSI at rapid acceleration only and allows for VST venting.
        that leaves the last nipple,its oil from the electric solenoid/pump that allows oil at above about 1200 RPM to mix with the fuel in the VST at about 1500/1 ratio.1500 parts gas to one part oil.
        this aides in lubricating the HP pump and injectors.

over the years I have seen a few of the electric pump/solenoid assys leak and if the engine oil tank is full will gravity feed the VST.

glad you "fixed" it but I would rather you make sure you did not hook up something wrong in the fix.

there is really no other way to add oil to the VST other than the oil feed inlet pipe.
        on the HPDI the oil and gas NEVER mix.
        in fact you can actually blow an HPDI up by running premix.

Comment

Working...
        X