newb here needs some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb here needs some advice!

Hey everyone i just bought this jon boat for $500 its a 14.4 sea nymph powered by a 2003 yamaha 9.9 high thrust 4 stroke. My question is what size prop should i use for more top end because right now i feel like the prop i have is too small. The boat is pretty heavy the guy put all wood floors and the casting deck has a stainless steel frame. When im out on the water and give it full throttle its starts moving pretty good then it just starts feeling like too much throttle/power for the prop if that makes since? The motor runs great no problem what so ever with the motor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

That's a real nice rig!...I honestly believe it may be a bit underpowered and doubtful there's much you can do with the prop to make any significant difference in performance....Looks like it's just set up for pond or creek fishing and if you need more speed then may have to explore bigger motors.....A 25 HP motor would move it right along!...but good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      That's a real nice rig!...I honestly believe it may be a bit underpowered and doubtful there's much you can do with the prop to make any significant difference in performance....Looks like it's just set up for pond or creek fishing and if you need more speed then may have to explore bigger motors.....A 25 HP motor would move it right along!...but good luck!
      yeah thats what im thinking.. maybe its time to upgrade the motor!

Comment

Working...
      X