1990 - 200HP Fresh water flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 - 200HP Fresh water flush

Is there a modification to the cooling system for older 200HP engine to allow flushing the engine without running the engine. I want to keep my boat at a dock in saltwater but don't have a lift so I'm trying to find a way to flush the engines.

On ebay a "backflusher" is advertised that is inserted into the small discharge flow that is used to show the water pump is working. I'm not sure this will actually flush the engine. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
    Mark Lee

The Fresh water flusher that Yamaha has on the new engine's connects to a elbow on the exhaust guide thats just below the powerhead, Your engine doesn't have the fittings for the flusher. Some of the smaller Yamaha engine the flusher does connect to tee fitting where the tell tale hose connects to engine but the flush hose side of tee is a larger diameter inlet than the tell tale outlet allowing more water to go into engine when flushing. But the tell tale fitting on your engine is nipple casted into exhaust plate and unless you have a machine shop replace the nipple by drilling and thread a hole so you install a larger tee fitting I don't think it flush very good by teeing into that small tale tell hose that is on the engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X