Yamaha 90 fuel enrichment lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90 fuel enrichment lever

How does the fuel enrichment lever work on a 97 90 stroke engine. If its set to closed or open how will it effect the engine?

closed is normal operating.
    open is manual fuel enrichment.

Comment

In "closed" position, the prime start system is a totally automatic fuel enrichening device for cold starts. The "open" position would be used if for some reason the automatic system failed to operate. I've had several Yamaha outboard motors and never experienced any problems with the Primestart system....pretty darn trouble-free!...

Comment

my C40TLRX has 3 positions normal, open, and closed. In the closed position the fuel is off completely and does not add fuel at all.

But yours could be totally different set up and Rodbolt should know what he is talking about

Comment

The reason I asked is I replaced the middle carb, and rebuilt the other 2 (top and the bottom) when I first started the engine the switch was closed and the top and the bottom carbs were not firing. Switched it to normal and primed it and it started right up and has been running good. Any idea what happend?

Comment

carbs do not or let me say should not fire.

so, how many positions does yours have ?
            Just the normal(closed) and open like Rod said or 3 positions?

If just 2 then your description of closed and normal are the same position

Comment

Mine has 3 positions. Normal, closed, and open.

Comment

So, if it was closed then was no extra fuel flowing to all cylinders during warm up.

sounds like you sill have problems with the other 2 carbs if they were not letting enough fuel into them at start or you did not have the system primed well enough at first start

Comment

The engine seems to be running fine now. I guess it wasn't primed? The shop that did the repair told me the top and bottom carbs were shot and needed to be replaced an they were the ones that did the rebuild.

Comment

if you have the 3 position set up the normal is just that,manual bypass's the automatic enrichment and closed shuts off all enrichment.

Comment

Enrichment valve

hello folks new here!!
                      i have a 2005 yamie 90tlrd thats extremely hard to start on initial start ups. then runs and start like a dream from there on after all weekend. trying to get it going this year and it wont start unless it is in emergency (or open) on the lil red manuel enrichment valve and run like a dream but, when flipped back to normal it will die off like its out of fuel. Is there a way to test the electric solenoid to see if its not working and cutting off my fuel?

Comment

this is an old thread start a new one,

Comment

Working...
                        X