Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 55A E sevice manual

Hi there
    New to this forum and was wandering if anyone knew where I can get a 55A E service manual roughly a 1979 model or older. I am a engineer and can use my head to get around most situations but am new to outboard engines. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at when a part is described to me over the phone and cannot find a manual for love nor money. Even the tinternet cannot provide me with a download.
    Please help
    Regards
    Jdman

the 55 was only imported to the US for about 4 years.
    tough motor but parts are difficult.
    I got the last stator assy from japan about 3 years ago.
    best bet would be to scrap it and find a motor in the US.
    overseas you may find more used parts.
    its a dirt simple stupid two cyl two stroke that most third world fisherman can rebuild.

Comment

being in the UK you would be best to check with your local Yamaha dealers as I am not sure how close the motors would be to the ones sold here in the states and that is an old motor if it is 1979 model or older and would be very different from the newer ones IMO

Comment

Hi, not sure if you have had any joy, but I believe this is the same motor as yours:
        :: iShopMarine.com :: Part Lists == evinrude parts, mercruiser engine part, mercruiser outdrive part, mercruiser part, mercruiser sterndrive part, mercury marine, mercury marine engine part, mercury marine outboard part, mercury marine paint, mercury (shortened link)

Good luck

John

Comment

55A and 55B is the same engine.

Comment

it must have minor diferences... the code is diferente

Comment

Working...
            X