Hose from top of engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose from top of engine

Yamaha 150 2 stroke 2004. Hard small hose from top of engine through into boat seems empty. What is it and where does it go?

Thanks

the only hose i know of that goes from the engine to the boat and is hard would be the speedo tube. and yes it will be empty.. air pressure from the water pressure makes the speedo work..

Comment

hose

Thank you, Couldn't figure out what it was for.

Comment

actually coming from the top of the engine it could be a water pressure tube. is there a water pressure gauge on the boat..

Comment

Yes there is and it works fine. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
            actually coming from the top of the engine it could be a water pressure tube. is there a water pressure gauge on the boat..
            I'm getting ready to install a water pressure gauge system on a 2003 OX66 200 and wonder if there is a preferred way of routing the tube inside the engine cover? --Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vb23456 View Post
              I'm getting ready to install a water pressure gauge system on a 2003 OX66 200 and wonder if there is a preferred way of routing the tube inside the engine cover? --Thanks!
              No special way just make sure it stays away from any thing hot..I have to replace a section on mine that got burnt. Just make it look neat and tie it away from any heat sources.

Comment

actually, there is.
                water pressure should be tapped from the PORT head/block fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by vb23456 View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X