Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Sensor

1996 P200 w/carb.
    Filled tank on side of engine with oil but the alarm still goes off and engine runs rought at 1,200 plus rpm.

The transfer pump in the remote tank only operates when you use the toggle switch on the engine. The blue wire that goes from the remote tank does not make ground when the sender in the tank on the engine closes it. When the sender on the engine tank closes I get a hot brown wire--and I can run a seperate ground to the blue on the tank and the pump comes on.

I thought the engine would run by filling the tank on the engine with oil. Do I have some other problem that the alarm goes off to besides oil level in the tank?

Since the remote switch works I assume the wireing is all good. The sender sends hot to the pump, I'm just not getting the ground to make. Help.
    thanks.

The oil level sensor in the underhood tank is bad and needs to be replaced. Anytime the alarm sounds the engine is going to drop into Safe mode and limit rpms to not above 2000 rpms. Changing the sensor should clear up both problems.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X