low pressure fule pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low pressure fule pump?

does a 99 200 vmax have a low pressure or low speed fuel pump. could this be causing my motor not to run at low speeds. if I pump the bulb as tight as I can get it the motor will run long enough to build speed and runs fine as long as i'm running mid range.

can you post a model number from your engine?

Comment

ox66 fuel inj. V200ILRX 001770 thanks ?

Comment

you have a 3.1L OX66.
        it has 3 lift pumps that like to fail and an electric high pressure pump.
        test the lift pumps.

Comment

Thanks, I'll see if I can figure that out. Getting old. Not as sharp as I used to be!

Comment

its pretty simple.
            you have 3 low pressure,about 6 psi, pumps that keep a miniature fuel tank,VST, full of fuel so the electric pump can draw vapor and bubble free fuel from.
            this is the HP side that maintains about 35 PSI.
            if a lift pump diaphragm ruptures not only will the VST supply be low it feeds raw gasoline with no extra oil into the crankcase.

Comment

is there anything else I might check before I go into the pumps?

Comment

might check wheel bearings on trailer

If pumping primer bulb helps look at lift pumps

Comment

after spending hours looking for the dip stick to check the bearing grease I finally gave up and took the pumps apart. Those that I paid someone lots of money to replace bout a yr. and half ago. sure nuff the bottom two back diaphrams were split. Thanks. now I know I need to go ahead and replace all three. can I order the whole pumps or each dia. thanks again.

Comment

you can do it either way, it is up to you.
                    Check the prices and make up your mind

Comment

never mind. says the fuel pump ass. is obsolete so I guess i'll have to order all. thanks again, y'all ever in northeast tx. I'll take you on a fishing trip to caddo lake.

Comment

Yamaha 6E5-24410-10-00 FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY; 6E5244101000; New # 6E5-24410-03-00; Snowmobile Parts

I wonder what make that 6E5-24410-10-00 pump different from the 6E5-24410-03-00 as some sites say they are the same.

Seems the whole pump would cost less than the individual parts depending on what all you buy to repair

do not forget to order the gaskets also
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 07-14-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

the diaphrams and gaskets are avalible.
                          however is simpler and faster to buy the pump.
                          best I recall the latest # is 6e5-24410-03. maybe -30.

the 3.1L motors are hard on them.

Comment

on the boats.net parts list it says they are obsolete. can I just order that part no. and if I order the pump ass. I won't need gaskets, will I?

Comment

I found it, lots cheaper . thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X