fuel problem high pressure pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel problem high pressure pump?

After fishing all day, i began running home in a heavy following sea. Was running about 4300 rpms when the motor (ox 66 250hp 2001yr) slowly throttled back to about 3700 rpms, when i tried to throttle back up the engine would not run above 3700 rpms. When i pulled the throttle back and then throttle back up the rpms picked up to 4300 rpms. This problem continued to cycle for the entire run home (90 mins). When i got to calm water i went to WOT, was able to get 5500 rpms for about 1 min, then the motor idled back to 3700 rpms. Could get the motor to rev back up once i pulled the throttled back and then forward again.

I have cleaned the fuel filter going to the low pressure pumps, changed the fuel water separator. When i poured the fuel from the fuel water separator there was a lot of brown debris in the fuel.

Once i completed these actions, i attempted to reproduce the problem, while the problem did remain, it was not as frequent.

My next maintenance action is to remove and service the high pressure pump.
    What else can cause this problem?

The ethanol fuel youre burning

Hp filter needs to be replaced /cleaned
    Run for a day or 2 and drain filters in a glass or jar and see what youre feeding your motor

Comment

when i pulled the HP i drianed the vapor bowl (is that the correct term). over the last 24 hours i have not noticed seperation yet. i have not had the time to take the HP assembly apart and inspect as of yet.
      thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X