Yamaha 130 hp fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 hp fuel problem

So I posted a thread yesterday regarding my engine sputtering off when I accelerated over 25mph, I had previously experienced the problem about a month ago, and had the carbs cleaned, all worked well for about a week and a half. I experienced the problem again this past Friday, So after pulling out the carbs and refasting all the clamps to make sure there wasnt air getting in to the lines, the problem still persisted so one of my neighbors at the marina suggested I take off the fuel seperator/ filter and empty out the gas into a clear glass and check for water so I did that and what I found was there wasn't any water in the gas, maybee 1 drop at best but what I did find was what appeared to be like a bit of rusty sand. So I am guessing my carbs got clogged up again, any suggestions or ideas on how to remedy this problem, and will I have to get rid of all 80 gallons of gas and replace the tank, or would a inlne filter help.

There should be a screen or filer in the fuel line on the side of the motor. The small particles you found maybe pieces of the inside of your fuel lines.
    Your rubber fuel lines and pumps were not made to handle the Ethanol in most gas. Be sure and change all your fuel line and primer bulb to the new resistance rubber.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, now when you say screen or filer, is that seperate from the filter that is on the side of the engine? or is that what you are referring too? also I just ordered all new fuel lines right from this site.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X