Yamaha F60 overheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F60 overheats

I have replaced my water pump impeller, t-stat and put it all back togeather. I was sure I had the problem fixed because the water pump impeller was almost totally gone. I ran the engine brought it down to an idle and shortly after it overheated. I pulled the lower unit back off and the stat and back flushed the water system. I did not get any rubber out of the tube, I had a bucket under it. I took the water pump back apart but it looked good. The intake screens are clean and the intake passage is clear. I do not seam to get water out the exhaust and have a moderate witness stream. I have blown thru the tubing and all seams clear. Have I missed anything or do I put it back togeather? Could the rubber be plugging something?

was there any sign of melting on the hosing?
    any sign of melt, no matter how slight you think it is, scraps the housing.

Comment

I assume you mean the water pump housing? I thought it looked good. the lower end is still off. I will take it back off and look again.

Comment

if you did not find all of the parts of impeller then they could be hiding inside and blocking passages

Comment

My solution I removed the lower unit. With the tstat installed back flushed the outboard for 15 min. Disassembled inspected and reassembled the waterpump put it all back togeather and ran it in a 55g drum. It worked great. What was wrong. I am not sure. River trials are next in a couple days.

Comment

Working...
          X