Cannot start my new outboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot start my new outboard.

I have a new Yamaha 9.9 long shaft, electric start on my sailboat. Worked beautifully the first three times I went out. However, when I tried to start the motor this week I discovered it would not run in low idle. It idled okay when I gave it gas. Today it would not even start! It acted like it was not getting gas or something. Anyone have any ideas. Am having motor taken off boat and taken to Yamaha authorized dealer.

blow boats always have fuel issues.
    glad your taking it in.

Comment

you have a clogged idle jet! your gonna have to take the carb apart and its under the plastic plug. take a very skinny wire and clean it. I know because the same thing happened to me! I have a 2003 9.9 four stroke

Comment

Never use any wire to clean a carb!!!!!!!!! thats the most stupid thing I ever heard! If you have not the experience take it in to a professional and allow them to clean it properly

Comment

I use thin strands of copper wire all the time, also have a jet drill set.
          depends on the situation.

Comment

These days mechanical means are sometimes the only way.....used to be able to soak and blow out gum and varnish.
            I use a piece of wire cut off my wire brush. Ethanol leaves a hard crusty deposit that even Seafoam wouldn't dissolve.

Some just sell a customer a new carb.....

Comment

Working...
            X