2005 vs 2006 - Cautiously Optimistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 vs 2006 - Cautiously Optimistic

Just purchased new boat and motor. Don't know if dealer is supplying 05 or 06 motor yet. Should I insist on a particular year? I'm a little worried on Yamaha 4S90. Would of preferred Merc. , I think. Need I be worried? Is the maintenance req'd to continue factory warranty have to be done by the authorized dealer? So many questions sorry - I now see I may even be in a forum and off topic - sorry.
    Craig

Craig,
    Stop worrying, my friend, the Yamaha four strokes (and two strokes) are top quality. If you get an '05 model instead of an '06, you probably saved some money - and the warranty does not start until you take possession.
    The dealer does not have to do the maintenance during the warranty period - just follow the maintenance schedule per your owner's manual and keep a detailed record - receipts and dates. I think you are supposed to take the motor back to the dealer for several checkups during the warranty period, though.
    Good luck, and enjoy your new boat and Yamaha motor, and welcome to the forum [img]smile.gif[/img] !
    Ken K

Comment

There wasn't any changes between 2005 and 2006 F90 motor. I think you will like it it's a four stroke EFI engine and we have good luck with them.
      The warranty work needs to done by a Yamaha dealer, it's recondmended that the first service(10 hour service) be done by a Yamaha dealer but regular maintenance doesn't have to be by Yamaha dealer. It's a good idea to keep records of when maintenance is done.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X