T8 will not accelerate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T8 will not accelerate

I have a 2004 T8 that will not accelerate. I have removed and cleaned the carb and had to adjust the air mixer to get it to idle right. I starts fine and now will run at idle in gear and in neutral. This is the first time I have tried to use it this year. Any ones thoughts. Do I need a new carb?

Remove carb. Disassemble as far as possible. Check for wear & tear of any soft components. Purchase BRP part no.777185 (Evinrude, Johnson "engine tuner" (cleans and removes deposits)
    Soak carb. and components in this for two hours, rinse in mineral spirits, (I used a small amount of fuel) then I removed one fine wire of a wire brush and cleared the openings of the jets. Rinsed again. It sounds as if the main jet is plugged. I always run all of the fuel from my engines but I also follow storage instructions. Further , I use fuel conditioners and stabilizers from Mercury. A good fuel program starts with #1 "Quick clean" etc. a three step program from the folks at mercury. I just bought a Yamaha f6msh outboard and it had the syrup like green varnish in the float bowl. Glad I found it early as it was still a flowing sludge! I cleaned all of the fuel system from tank to carb. The engine runs well! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X