No announcement yet.

2003 150 txrb 2 stroke Fuel problem above 35mph possibly at low idle speed also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 150 txrb 2 stroke Fuel problem above 35mph possibly at low idle speed also

Thank you in advance for any help it is greatly appreciated.

The engine runs fine all day long as long as you stay below 35 mph but if you take it to 40 or more it will run fine for a few seconds and then slow down as if you came off the throttle and then if you ease up off the throttle it will kick back in again or if you squeeze the primer ball you will get a short burst of the engine kicking in.

It is acting as if something is being sucked up against an intake area when under heavy load. It also seems to hesitate when plowing at 8-9 mph (like under load.)

What I have replaced so far is the pick up tube and check valve on the gas tank, the primer ball, the water fuel separator and bracket and all the fuel lines going from the tank to the filter on the side of the motor.

I was wondering if a bad fuel pump would do this or if a particle in the fuel pump could cause this and can they be taken apart and cleaned.

Also wondering if a particle in the carb bowls could cause this.

On a very rough day I took it up to 40-42 mph and it seemed like it was trying to do the same thing but I would hit a wave and it would keep it going but later that day when it was smooth I could not keep the 40 mph speed she would slow back down until I let off the throttle and go back up to around 33-35 and she would run fine.

Suggestions please

Thanks Again,
    Capt. GEO

fuel pumps die, nothing lives forever.
    I replace them anytime the carbs are done or every 3 years.
    they are only 50 bucks.

Comment

Thank you for the reply but I do not want to put money into the pumps without knowing that is the problem. Is there a way to check them?

Comment

you can take them apart and inspect everything and then buy new parts to put back together, but most feel this is a waist of their time.

If a Yamaha master tech tells you replacement is what he does , I would follow his advice.

They need replacing before they fail for best protection of motor due to dumping extra fuel into crankcase and washing off the oil and your time while boating is a pain to have interrupted due to problems anyway.

Some people wait till something fails completely and causes major problems instead of preventative maintenance

Comment

yes they can be tested.
          they should maintain above 5PSI at all RPM's.
          takes me about an hour to rig up the gauge assy and water test it.
          at 90 bucks an hour you just bought them.
          its a hundred bucks spread out over 3 years.
          plan for the maint and it doesn't hurt so bad.

Comment

Thank you for the respones

Comment

Hi.
              Do you know where the oil pump manual switch is on this engine please? I have same engine as you but cant find the switch......help!

Comment

Working...
              X