94 200HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 200HP

Last time out I was running 60 plus in my skeeter.
    Motor is not set at right heighth 4.25 inches below pad. When I came off plane everything was fine no strang noises.
    When I tried to accelerate or power load the boat on the trailer I had lost power couldn't power load or hopup on plane.
    When I removed the cowling at home later. I noticed the wires and some plugs below the electronics had gotten wet.
    Is this comon problem. (wet wires/no power)
    Nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. I have not had it out since the water turned hard here in Michigan. What should I look for when I get it back it the water
    Scott Lewis,Gary Yamamoto Custom baits, StayNCharge systems, Bassmedics, Savephace

pro or regular short shaft?
    the simplesy way for you at the dock is to not power it on but float it up to the winch. also, that era of motors have the adjustable cowl covers,try tightenin it up to better seal the interior.
    you could also TRY to raise your motor up,whether it be by the bolts or adding a jack plate and see it it helps your issue. so many of the smaller/lighter boats have this issue of bow lift at takeoff or slowdown...which bury the motors...or in your case loading.

Comment

I mis spoke.
      It has been fine planeing and loading al of a sudden it seems to have lost power maybe due to wet wires
      Scott Lewis,Gary Yamamoto Custom baits, StayNCharge systems, Bassmedics, Savephace

Comment

Working...
      X