Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 200 hpdi oil in vst question (Rodbolt??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 200 hpdi oil in vst question (Rodbolt??)

My 2002 Yamaha 200 hpdi's are burning more oil than they should. They were both rebuilt approximately 40 hours ago by a Yamaha dealer prior to me buying the boat. Both oil pump link rods were adjusted beyond Yamaha specs (I'm assuming to add oil for break in period). I've adjusted the linkage rods to .020 from the stop, so that should help with oil consumption.

My question is about the oil entering the vst. I see the solenoid pump assy that Injects the oil vst, but how do you test if it is pumping the correct amount? My port motor has much more oil in the vst than the starboard. I have noticed the port motor putting out smoke at idle. It has also fouled the plugs on the last trip while idling. I've searched but have not been able to find out how to test the solenoid pump assy. Any input is appreciated. I would like to test the solenoid before just replacing it. Does Yamaha specify the amount of pulses per minute for the pump? If so, how would I test with a multi-meter?

--Rodbolt, I've fixed a couple issues on these motors already from your old posts. Any input?

Below is a picture of fuel drained out of the port and stbd vst's.

Last edited by jayleto1; 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM.

Any ideas? I'm planning on messing with it again tonight.

Jay

Comment

dunno.
      no spec that I am aware of.
      its off below about 1500 RPM and on above it.
      it simply adds oil to lubricate the HP pump and injectors.
      it supposed to be at something like 1500/1 ratio.

Comment

what controls it ? the ECU?
        Maybe it is not turning off below 1500

Comment

Where should I begin with trouble shooting this?

Comment

Working...
          X