2 cyclinders not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 cyclinders not firing

Hey there i'm new to this forum. Last year i bought a yamaha 30 two stroke and had no problems with it. at the end of the season i was loosing power and found the lower two plugs were wet. First thing this season i pulled off the carbs and cleaned them (without adjusting any of the screws). I took it out and it ran great for a few hours and then the same thing happened as last year. I changed the plugs and gapped them to 1mm. When i ran it for a minute and removed the plugs, the top one was a light brown, the middle one had a thin black liquid on it, and the lower one was clean clean clean, but wet.

Since i never played with the carbs and it was working all last year should i rule them out for now? Just about to go out and do a compression test.

Is there a way to check the coils other then looking for a spark?

Thanks, Jason

check your fuel pump for pin hole or tear, #3 being that clean does not sound right

Comment

Almost sounds like my problem. Are your plugs wet with water? Then probably have bad head gasket like I have. Try using a lighter on your plugs to see if it is indeed water, if so there's your problem. Just a thought....

Comment

Working...
      X