2007 Yamaha 200HPDI 4900 max RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yamaha 200HPDI 4900 max RPM

My motor will not rev above 4900 RPM. It runs great , just will not max out. I have the factory prop and engine mounted as it always was. Normal RPM was more like 5700 RPM and almost 50 MPH now 4900 max and about 39-40MPH as per GPS.

I ran the Yamaha cable and software to the motor, no codes, everything working properly. Killed each cylinder at idle and clearly see how the motor would run with a cyl down.

I have changed the HP pump screens, VST tank screen, medium pressure filter. low pressure filter and both block mounted fuel pump. I have also installed a new racor 10 micron filter.

Any ideas where to go from here? I was hoping to find a clogged HP pump screens, but that wasn't the case.

Even if I tilt the motor out of the water while running the revs stay at 4900 and do not climb.

Thanks in advance.

did you change the inline filter, (steel) that is mounted above the vst,

Comment

Yes, along with a new otiker clamp.

Comment

while you had the laptop connected did you check the cylinders that were firing. hpdi only fires on 4 cyliders in neutral and 6 in gear, maybe its not seeing the switch, also, what is the fuel pressure on the laptop..

Comment

I believe everything was within spec, I will hook up the laptop as soon as I can this week sometime and take a snapshot of the screen and have all the exact info. Thanks.

Comment

.....I'm left hanging here.......what was the resolution to this ? I have a very similar issue with a 300hpdi...... very curious what happened....

Comment

screemin .
              no you FREAKING DO NOT.
              the z200 and the Z300 share a paint code< NOTHING ELSE.

Comment

ah.
                good point........

Comment

now is where a model number would be nice.

the ONE thing all Z motors share.
                  they must be able to maintain 50 psi on the medium side and either 725 OR 1150 PSI on the HP side.

lose one and the motor runs poorly to not at all.

Comment

screemin,
                    how about starting a new thread on your motor with all of the info needed

Comment

i do already have thread for my situation...search for 300 hpdi- its there, its recent so its still in first two or so pages. I was given good suggestions just waiting to get my mechanic on my boat. I live on small island so everyting a little slower.....

Comment

Working...
                      X