Yamaha F150 random doesn't engage the gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 random doesn't engage the gear

I bought a Yamaha F150 year 2009, and seldom, in the last months I had the following problem:

The engine works correctly and continuously for a long period of time (ex. 30 minutes), then I move remote control in neutral. When after a few minutes I engage gear by remote control and I try to accelerate, it seems to remain in neutral. Then I return in neutral by remote control, and I retry to engage gear, but the result is the same: the engine doesn't engage gear. In this scenario the only chance to restore correctly the engine is to switch off by key of remote control , and to restart the engine in neutral. After this operation the engine is able to engage gear correctly.

Is this a know mechanic problem of the engine ? or is only a problem related to remote control or related to cable connection ?

thanks in advance for support

the shifter on a yamaha is a mechanical action, it cant go in one time and not another unless you have something going on in the control box or cables, I would check the neutral button on the control box. is this a forward or reverse issue, could have a broken cable.

Comment

Working...
    X