V225TLRX not charging battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V225TLRX not charging battery

I am a new member here. I have never considered joining an outboard forum until now. Now that im here im sure I will stay though. I have a 225 v-max its the v225tlrx model. Its not charging the battery while running. If i test the volts at the battery it shows 12.5 not running and 10 somthing when running. I have changed the rectifier regulator and it didnt change anything. Today I am going to pull the flywheel off and look at the stator I didnt have a big enough socket to pull it off yesterday. I have been told that this is probably not the problem if everything looks okay and nothing seems melted like. But they are expensive and if I order one I want to be positive its the problem. I have tried to read on this and havent found much. Another thing I have noticed is my tach doesnt work does this have anything to do with it. I think its just an older tach and it doesnt light up because last time I really looked at it I could see the reading of it if i shaded the sun with my hands. But im thinking it quit about the time I started having charging problems. I can usually fix most stuff I have problems with but im not sure on this and the mechanics I have called say it will be at least a month before they can do anything. Its really hard for me to be able to wait that long when I fish most every weekend. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

should say VX225.
    if it does simply do a load test on the stator wingings for the correct output voltage.
    replacing parts is rather expensive.

Comment

Working...
    X