2003tlr bogs/stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003tlr bogs/stalls

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and in desperate need of assistance. Here's my problem:

I have a 2003 Yamaha 115TLR. It cranks fine, idles fine but after I venture out, my engine bogs down until it stops. It runs and sounds great for about 3 minutes before the problem begins. I realized I can manipulate the choke to make it sound and run correctly long enough to get me to the dock. Fluid levels are fine but I'm not using much oil at all.

After this began, I tried troubleshooting and eventually just started "shooting in the dark". I've tried new gas, cleaned/rebuilt carbs, replaced fuel pump, emptied/cleaned external oil tank & changed spark plugs. I've wasted 3 trips on the water just to get the same result. In my personal experience, it's probably something simple and I feel like an idiot once I find the solution.

For all that is holy, please help me.

My guess is this is a 115TLRB from what you have said so far, it is best to give the whole model #.

So you have not tested anything yet? Just shooting in the dark.

Compression, spark, timing, and fuel pressure/vacuum are all easy to test to make sure they are all good. That would eliminate a lot of things or point you in the correct direction. oil level and overheat will sound and alarm if it is working and reduce RPM to about 2K.

You need to find out what is going bad. Testing is the easiest way.

But with choking helping it does sound like a fuel problem so far.

Comment

Working...
    X