2003 Yamaha 70Hp - Fuel Enrichment Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Yamaha 70Hp - Fuel Enrichment Valve

I trying to determine if the fuel enrichment valve is working. It's part #33

When reading the book,,, it implies that when cold, the plunger is retracted into the housing. After power is applied for a while the plunger will extend. After removing it from the Carb,, and turninng the key on for a few minutes nothing moves. It looks to me to be fully extended already where the bottom of the plunger is flush with the mounting flange,, plus there is an internal spring that wants to keep it extended. I can't tell if it's broken or not.

Any thoughts??? THANKS!

It gets power from the charging system, so the motor have to be running for it to heat up.

You can measure while cold and then put 12 v from battery to it for a few minutes and then remeasure

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      It gets power from the charging system, so the motor have to be running for it to heat up.

You can measure while cold and then put 12 v from battery to it for a few minutes and then remeasure
      I see says the blind man. I'll splice in 12v this weekend and see what happens.

THANKS!

Comment

Looking at installing new mutli-function Yamaha Tach. Got me thinking about the alarm/buzzer. Where is the buzzer located when using a Yamaha key switch??? Is it in the key switch,,, or seperate??

Thanks!!!

Comment

depends on which control box your using.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            depends on which control box your using.
            Key and kill switch (lanyard thing) are seperate from binnacle.

As a sidebar,,,, where can I fine wiring diagrams for the 10 wire harness, keyswitch and multi function tach?? Caan;t seem to find the on the internet. The boat currently has a bunch of after market gauges that I want to swap out for just the multi-function tach and a new fuel gauge. The wiring is a complete disaster and needs to be redone.

Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X