• Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA 90HP rusty stator

i removed my stator system and it is very rusty
    how can i protect a stator from becoming rusty
    can i coat it with silicon or grease ??

pleas help !
    Noam N

You can put silicone on it, rust wont hurt it, unless it's heavly pitted with rust then you have other problems, too much water getting under cowling. It's just the core metal for coils(charge coil and stator coil) and rust wont affect the magnetizium of the metal.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

chompin,
      I am curious why water is getting on your stator - are you running w/o the hood? (Don't laugh - I've seen it). If not, then you need to find out why.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

thank you all
        the engine is 1995 make and was placed on open water with condition are waves that strike the engine all the time i guess that is way the rust
        Noam N

Comment

chompin,
          When you suspect that water has gotten under the hood and on the motor, try removing the hood
          and wiping down any water that you see. Then spray something like WD-40 on areas that got wet.
          I do this after every trip with my outboard - you are going to get a little water under the hood even in calm seas (from launching and heavy throttle going in reverse).
          I leave the hood off for a couple of days so that all the moisture can dry out (I know this is not always practical).
          Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
          Ken K

Comment

Working...
          X