Do wires come w/new coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do wires come w/new coils?

I wanted to find out if the plug wires were included with the new coils. I looked up my model on the parts page and it shows the coils w/ wires coming off them and wanted to make sure the wires were in fact attached and part of the price. Also, they list the plug caps(boots) seperately, so if I buy a coil assembly will I receive a coil with attached plug wire but no sparkplug boot? Thanks

Snooker,
    What model Yammie?
    Ken K

Comment

Hey Ken,

It's a 2001 130. Looking at the parts page it "appears" as if the wires are attached to the complete coil assembly which runs ~$41/coil. Still is not clear if the wires are in fact part of the assembly or if I will need to make up a new set of wires. I want to find out first before ordering.

Comment

Snooker,
        I've never had to order them, but I would guess the wires are attached to the coils. Try calling the parts/service dept of boats.net (sponsor of this forum) and give them the part number you see in the online catalog. I'm sure they will pull it up on their computer screen and tell you what you want to know - nice folks and good prices [img]smile.gif[/img] .
        Ken K

Comment

The wires do come with coils but not the plug caps it's easier to replace with new plug caps(663-82370-01-00)than to try and reuse old ones.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X