5o hp 2 stoke no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5o hp 2 stoke no power

I have a 2008 50HP 2 stoke oil injection with about 160 hours on it. Runs great and will idle fine when cold. but, when it is warmed up if I idle for about 5 minutes in gear and then give it some gas it shakes like it is loaded up and then dies. If I restart it will idle real rough and then die. If I restart and race the engine out of gear it is fine but as soon as I put it in gear it dies OR sometimes when I put it in gear and give it a little throttle it takes about 20 seconds of running real rough and no power and then it will take off and run fine. During the 20 seconds it runs really rough like a cylinder or two are not working. Any suggestions on what I should look for first, second and third? I have a 10 micron fuel filter on the fuel tank, cartridge type. I plan to change the fuel line and bulb this weekend as they is getting pretty sun burned but I doubt they have anything to do with my problem.

PS It will run all day with no problem as long as I am running at well above idle or at cruising speed but as soon as I slow to idle within about 5 minutes it begins to act up. Also, I am running NO ethanol fuel.

Check fuel pump for pin hole in diaphragm

Comment

50HP 2 stoke

Thank you, I will take a shot at that on Friday. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Got one that was doing the same thing Cant tell by looking at them but it had fouled out the number one spark plug *****ing around and the oil mixing 100 to 1 instead of 50 to 1 when running got them. Now I keep a fresh set of plugs with me all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X