Yamaha F225 - Gauge Issue - Throttle Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F225 - Gauge Issue - Throttle Issue

I have late 2005 yamaha F225 x 2 on my boat. They engines have been bullet proof and never a single hiccup, however my gauges just recently started acting up a bit. Under way my economy intermittently reads along with my GPH. I can not figure out what it is, nothing has changed and everything worked perfectly all along until recently. I have checked the back of the gauges everything looks fine and I see nothing in the wiring that throws a red flag. Also my throttles are not aligned, I was wondering since I dont have manuals if you anyone has a link to show how to adjust the cables on the throttles. Please Help!!

Here is a video of the problem.

Yamaha Gauge Problem - YouTube

Photos of the Gauges:

well for starters its only showing information from one engine.
    secondly at idle its completely normal for an F225.

Comment

Showing 1 engine?, isn't P & S indicating that it is showing port and starboard engines?

Comment

looks like your only getting a signal from one sender, if you will note the timing, its showing the feed pump 10 seconds on,20 seconds off.

Comment

Any suggestions what I need to check or replace and where to find the sender im looking for.

Also side question. Do you know if this model engine can be converted to yamaha command link and possibly digital controls?

Comment

for the command link conversion, you would have to post a model number.

for isolating, simply select port or stbd and see which is not sending a flow signal.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              for the command link conversion, you would have to post a model number.

for isolating, simply select port or stbd and see which is not sending a flow signal.
              The Model number is LF225TXR

Comment

the 225 txr should be command link compatible as its an 06 and later model.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  the 225 txr should be command link compatible as its an 06 and later model.
                  Whats involved in the conversion?

Comment

Working...
                  X