power trim question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power trim question

since you guys were so helpful with my previous question i hope you can help me with this one.

2005 f115
    my power trim makes a kind of crackling noise when i raise it from the lowest position using the single main piston rod. the double piston makes no noise. it has no trouble raising it just the noise. i greased the rods no change. this noise has occured since i bought the motor.

also, is it common to leak a tiny amount of oil around the seal of the trim rods?

thanks again guys!

2005 should be under full warranty?? 20 hr yet??if you lubed all 3 cylinder seals then there should be no noise. check your tilt tube fittings for grease as it may be hanging up there.as for leakage there should be none so check into replacing the leaker.

Comment

You need to put a thin film of water resistant grease on the sides and the very ends of the t/t rams. I like to use Mobil 1 synthetic - very water resistant.
      There should not be any oil leaks around the seals. Your motor is under warranty - let the dealer look at it when you go in for new motor checkup.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

thanks again guys i'll check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X