Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 2 cycle oil and treated gasoline...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 2 cycle oil and treated gasoline...

A (tech) at West suggested that the Yamaha 2 cycle oil was so much more expensive than their oil because it already had the "Ring Free Plus" additive already in it. That I was throwing my money away by using both.

Comments?

How about the Ring free plus and Startron treated fuel. Would that be OK to burn in the car once it has been treated with such? Would it effect a catalytic converter?

I'm thinking that A) in an emergency situation such as hurricane days and lines at the gas stations, that I would have hundreds of gallons of gas on hand. or B) if after an extended period of time, I would use up that gas and replace with fresh.
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

[QUOTE=FabricGATOR;81423]A (tech) at West suggested that the Yamaha 2 cycle oil was so much more expensive than their oil because it already had the "Ring Free Plus" additive already in it. That I was throwing my money away by using both.

Comments?

Believe that's a crock.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

If the Yamaha 2 stroke oil already had the Ringfree in it, then why would they still be selling the Ringfree in a separate bottle? Maybe the Yamaha 2 stroke oil has some fuel stabilizer in it?.....And stabilizer is not the same as a carbon control additive....

Comment

Working...
      X